Friday, March 4, 2011

The Moon and the Yew Tree

This poem is one of a kind. I love this type of poetry because it uses the strangest and earthiest imagery to relate to life. In a sense, I live this. Everything i take on in life is transported through my eyes and i relate life to the earth and its influences. I am an earthy guy. I cannot help it. I have learned to come to grasp with this because it gives me peace in time of rage. It gives me happiness in times of sorrow. This poem amplifies this earthy love in many ways. The moon is described as the innocent and naive part of me that sheds light into everyone else's lives while, at the same time, i am corrupted by the presence of most and respected by the presence of few. The yew tree represents that sadistic side to me. The side that can give a rat's tail what happens to others; what happens to myself. The side that is cold and heartless and moves for not one person for fear of being corrupted. The side of me that corrupts the love that others may have for me. The side that i try my hardest to hide. Like Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde. I am pleased with this poem and the writers of such poetry deserve so much more credit than what they receive. I love this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment